• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

costume advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

costume advice needed

Friends are having a Murder Mystery party and so advice is needed on suitable attire.

My character is a silver spooned 80s Yuppie and so all related suggestions are welcome.

I'm thinking along the lines of Gordon Gekko at the mo. The more OTT the better. Suggestions for props also.

Get thinking people.

TIA

PL

How about something along the lines of American Psycho? Complete with business cards and chainsaw.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Borrow one of Wilmslow's business suits...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Dont forget the red suspenders (or braces as we like to call them in the UK) with the $ signs on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Friends are having a Murder Mystery party and so advice is needed on suitable attire.

My character is a silver spooned 80s Yuppie and so all related suggestions are welcome.

I'm thinking along the lines of Gordon Gekko at the mo. The more OTT the better. Suggestions for props also.

Get thinking people.

TIA

PL
          Del Boy when he was going thorugh his Yuppie phase.

Rember the classic wine bar scene when he fell over?

Comment

Harry Enfiled - Loadsamoney

Comment

Filofax is compulsory
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Filofax is compulsory
                hmmm.... I like it. Where can I find the worlds largest mobile phone?

Agree that BP's braces are a must.

Comment

Be sure to wear a very bad taste tie and carry a big brick mobile phone.

A bit like this chap

A tie clip, white collared shirt, red braces and hair gel will really complete the image.

See if you can hire a Ferrari Mondial or a Porsche 928.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 12 January 2009, 10:25.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Oh yeah, and don't forget to tell everyone that your house is worth twice as much as you paid for it.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X