• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best place to put money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best place to put money?

interest rates are awful right now

doesn't this mean it's best to put money in property and leave nothing in your company or personal accounts. For example buy a flat where you contract with your cash and save paying rent which would be more than the interest your cash would get?

and what if your contract comes to an end would council pay your council tax and mortgage interest when out of contract and you could claim other benefits also maybe?

But at least your money is safe. Property prices still dropping.

Unless you buy next to Cyberman

Comment

but if you put your money in your own property then you can claim benefits in the hard times, if it's all in cash or other investments they will expect you to fund yourself

Comment

c79 - i take it you aren't working under your own ltd co?

Comment

considered http://uk.zopa.com/ZopaWeb/ ?

Returns upwards of 10% possible with risk spread out very widely across multiple clients.

I like the idea dn will be looking at this once all interest bearing debts have been repaid this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            c79 - i take it you aren't working under your own ltd co?
            yes- why? I'm not saying I'd buy property with the ltd co, but take out all profit as dividends and buy property with that

Comment

Property prices may be falling but they'll always recover however slowly that may be.

If you buy carefully, you wont see that much loss on your purchase price either.

My advice(!) is either buy property or spend and enjoy it on a few luxuries.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                yes- why? I'm not saying I'd buy property with the ltd co, but take out all profit as dividends and buy property with that
                well then you ARE employed and are receiving a salary while out of contract, so together with dividends i'm not sure benefits you think the council will give you

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                  considered http://uk.zopa.com/ZopaWeb/ ?

Returns upwards of 10% possible with risk spread out very widely across multiple clients.

I like the idea dn will be looking at this once all interest bearing debts have been repaid this year.
                  someone noted this lot aren't covered by financial regulations on another thread recently

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    well then you ARE employed and are receiving a salary while out of contract, so together with dividends i'm not sure benefits you think the council will give you
                    so unless we stop the salary and dividends then we're technically employed

Comment

Working...
                    X