• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some more job losses for Brown to blame on everyone else.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more job losses for Brown to blame on everyone else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7823648.stm

More than 400 jobs are under threat at a frozen food factory on Tyneside that has gone into administration.

Newcastle Production, which runs Findus Food factory in Longbenton, said on Friday it had major cash flow problems.

The news will affect up to 420 employees working at the warehouse, which is currently closed after a huge blaze last week.

Administrators, Zolfo Cooper, said that it was early days and they were currently looking for buyers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7824133.stm

Retailer Land of Leather has asked the stock exchange to suspend its shares with immediate effect, as it reviews the state of its finances.

The firm, based in Kent, said it had taken the move "pending clarification of the company's financial position".

Negotiations with potential bidders collapsed in December after it said the offers gave "insufficient value for shareholders".

The firm issued three profit warnings in 2008, in the wake of slumping sales.

Consumers are cutting their spending following the economic slowdown, hitting items such furniture.

Last week rival Sofa Workshop said it had started steps to appoint administrators.

Land of Leather has 109 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.

I thought you were bored of the economy?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I never tire of watching Brown drive the country into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        with

Your bad.

Comment

The news will affect up to 420 employees working at the warehouse, which is currently closed after a huge blaze last week.

Now that smells fishy - insurance job perhaps ???

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            with

Your bad.
            arse.

Comment

Well, when was the last time you popped out for a Crispy Pancake?

It's a shame because the North East needs every job it's got at the minute.
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                Well, when was the last time you popped out for a Crispy Pancake?

It's a shame because the North East needs every job it's got at the minute.
                Sally Anne will save us.

Comment

More than 400 jobs are under threat at a frozen food factory on Tyneside that has gone into administration.

What the media is not telling you is that trouble began soon after they chose the now controversial Bank of Antartica for offshore purporses - little did they suspect Bank of Antartica was managed by an Eskimo and Two Penguins - they could not stand the meltdown and the Eskimo , nor the penguins - are taking any calls as to the status of their frozen account.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 January 2009, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Last week rival Sofa Workshop said it had started steps to appoint administrators.
                    I guess my 10-year guarantee (on a purchase from last year) isn't going to be worth much
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X