• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco goes into administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco goes into administration

<placeholder for 2011>

More likely to be Waitrose I think.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

or Lidl, have you seen the s#### they sell in there, even if i was totally skint i'd rather starve than eat sausages with 8% pork content!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
        or Lidl, have you seen the s#### they sell in there, even if i was totally skint i'd rather starve than eat sausages with 8% pork content!!!
        The down market stores are the ones who will thrive in the current climate. Case in point, Poundland just announced a 3.5% increase in like for like profits and 25% increase in turnover.

Lidl, Netto, Aldi, Iceland etc. will all continue to do comparatively well. More people are going to end up in their spending demographic than the up market stores.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Poundland faces stiff opposition from the 99p shop.

Oh what a great place Britain has become!

India planning a moon mission and Britain planning more 99p shops.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            <placeholder for 2011>
            Actually, it'll be soon after the Conservatives get back into power.

Remember you read it here first.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              The down market stores are the ones who will thrive in the current climate. Case in point, Poundland just announced a 3.5% increase in like for like profits and 25% increase in turnover.
              Poundland are vulnerable to competition from 99pLand;

99p

One customer said '"The more you buy for 99p, the more pennies you save. I have just bought six items, so I've saved 6p."

How desperate is he?

What happens when someone opens a 98p shop?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Actually, it'll be soon after the Conservatives get back into power.

Remember you read it here first.
                NO way! You mean the year 2754!!!?!

Comment

I have a mate who works at Aldi and he’s never been busier.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Poundland are vulnerable to competition from 99pLand;

99p

One customer said '"The more you buy for 99p, the more pennies you save. I have just bought six items, so I've saved 6p."

How desperate is he?

What happens when someone opens a 98p shop?
                    Actually, like for like, a 98p shop is less profitable than a 99p shop as 2p change costs more than 1p or 5p from the bank. Now a 95p shop is a goer, which is why the menus in my fish and chip shops aim to X.95p
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X