• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R.I.P. David Vine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P. David Vine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/7824275.stm

Veteran BBC sports broadcaster David Vine has died of a heart attack at the age of 73.
    Didn't realise he was that old.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

That's sad. His voice always reminds me of the snooker.
    Won't be the same without him.
    (cue someone telling me he hasn't been presenting the snooker for years).

How's Dickie Davies faring these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      How's Dickie Davies faring these days?
      According to Wikipedia...

He is a board member of a frozen food company, and occasionally contributes to ESPN Classic.

Davies is referenced in the Half Man Half Biscuit song, "Dickie Davies Eyes".
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I thought he had died some time ago.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
        X