• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comparison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison

I just spent two weeks in Eastern Europe, spending time with kids in orphanages. Gives you a new perspective. Anyone else tried it?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I have not - but max respect to you for undertaking such noble and challenging work.

Comment

I would imagine it to be a humbling experience.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I spent 2 weeks at Butlins in Minehead once.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I just spent two weeks in Eastern Europe, spending time with kids in orphanages. Gives you a new perspective. Anyone else tried it?
          New girlfriend?

Comment

You are Ewan McGregor / Charley Boorman and I claim my 5 free UNICEF t-shirts.

Good work though.

Comment

Where was this?

I looked at doing something similar.

It was on a farm and they billed it as "teaching English", but on reading it carefully it turned out that they wanted one person (preferably female) to teach English and 8 people to do manual work on the farm.

I thought "the last thing that East Europe has a shortage of is low paid manual workers" Cheeky buggers!

tim

Comment

Well done! I have found many of the stories from people rather moving.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                X