• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate HR people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate HR people

I contacted an old client to see if thay had any work. Client says they may have and puts me in contact with internal HR. HR say they have no roles at the moment. In the meantime an agency contacts me to tell me the client has a role, I contact HR again first, no roles according to them. Agency asks if I should be put forward. As they have apparently have no roles I say yes to shut the agency up.

Today HR contact me about a role they have and would I like to be submitted. I say yes, then they get back to me because an agency has already submitted me!!!

What are HR for, but to mess everything up!?

FFS!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I contacted an old client to see if thay had any work. Client says they may have and puts me in contact with internal HR. HR say they have no roles at the moment. In the meantime an agency contacts me to tell me the client has a role, I contact HR again first, no roles according to them. Agency asks if I should be put forward. As they have apparently have no roles I say yes to shut the agency up.

Today HR contact me about a role they have and would I like to be submitted. I say yes, then they get back to me because an agency has already submitted me!!!

FFS!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That exemplifies the HR mindset versus the agency mindset.

Client: hmm, maybe I need a contractor.
      HR: Stop! You need to fill in these 5 forms and get sign-off from the CEO and at least 2 members of the Royal Family. Don't bother us again until you've got everything ready.

Client: hmm, maybe I need a contractor.
      Agent: OK, I'll hit the phones and get you 3 to choose from before Fifteen to One starts.

Comment

so when you contacted HR again after agency called you did you tell them that agency was calling you?

Anyway if you got your CV to company before agency did then your direct approach takes precedence.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Didn't you give HR the name of the guy you spoke to first?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Current client has been finishing contractors in favour of permies. HR muppets are getting right clueless jokers in.

Seeing as my thing is to fix ****ed up systems I must say I heartily welcome more of this HR muppetry!

Contractor Rodeo!

Comment

FFS!
              Bagpuss for PM

Comment

Human Remains people never surprise me with their incompetance.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  so when you contacted HR again after agency called you did you tell them that agency was calling you?

Anyway if you got your CV to company before agency did then your direct approach takes precedence.

I didn't because it would have seemed that I was calling them liars. HR were adamant there was no role, and the agency was adament there was, so it seemed to me the agency was lying so I told them to go ahead and submit me if there were a role.
                  Apparently it's first to submit on the system, and stupid HR person didn't do it!
                  I suppose if the agency can get my expected rate then not all is lost. Mind you I have another direct role I'm going for first.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 January 2009, 20:18.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

FFS!
                    It only makes sense if you work for HR.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X