• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Million Dollar Traders BBC2 review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Million Dollar Traders BBC2 review

Who here cannot say that they have met someone like the 65 year old ex IBM I.T. engineer on that show, he constantly was losing money and seemed to be
    quite carefree about it; although I did feel a bit sorry for him. His mannerisms
    were a VERY I.T. corporate like i.e. the long, exasperated sighs etc.

The "millionaire" trader who supervises them - is lets just say is 'typical' of the traders I've come across in the City, deluded, overly serious and charmless i.e. perfect for the role quote "whats all this with the 30 minute lunch break, in 6 years I only had 2 full lunch breaks !"..... lovely man.

I think that the Vet although she is intelligent, she is not emotionally stable enough for the job and needs to go back to putting her hand up cows' bottoms.

Funny though how the 'environmentalist' was actually doing quite well on the trading front .... hmmm maybe he reads 'National Geographic' and 'The Economist' for world affairs, he certainly seemed to understand his market fundamentals.

Also I think that Van Damme who put up the money for this chimps party trading lark T.V. show is utterly crazy.

What a bunch of ****wits they amassed.

Environmentalist and the Boxing trainer dude seemed to be most comfortable.
    None of them seem to read newspapers or watch news enough or seem to be even remotely informed about current affairs, it beggars belief any of them have aspirations to be traders.

I venture pick a random selection of 8 contractor from this forum and they would significantly outperform these numpties.

That IBM manager remided me very much like an IBM manager I worked with in the past, totally identical mannerisms and blustery nature.
    I mean which numpty buys B&B shares in that environment considering what had been happening in the property market and especially in sub prime!

Argh all in all I just felt like punching half of them! I honestly felt I could do a better job.

Comment

Missed it - will have to see if it's repeated.

How did Brillopad's brother do?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FaQQer just go to BBC website and see it on iPlayer tomorrow for free !

But seriously for me personally this program has given me flashbacks to some of the worst times and people in my life.

I shudder at the experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Missed it - will have to see if it's repeated.

How did Brillopad's brother do?
          He had the best trading idea.
          Last edited by BrilloPad; 14 January 2009, 08:57.

Comment

Was that your brother then Brillo? Get him some Clearisil for his birthday
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just watched it on Iplayer - how silly - why didnt anyone trade the FTSE or DOW or other indexes?. Some of the trades were mindless! B&B?"?! That IBM dude needs to be shot!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Was that your brother then Brillo? Get him some Clearisil for his birthday

I think his complexion is more due to too many battles when he was in the paras!
                Last edited by BrilloPad; 14 January 2009, 08:58. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                  FaQQer just go to BBC website and see it on iPlayer tomorrow for free !

But seriously for me personally this program has given me flashbacks to some of the worst times and people in my life.

I shudder at the experiment.
                  Thanks - will watch it tonight on iPlayer.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would have much rather been watching some long standing pro traders as they worked through the craziness of last autumn, that would have been much more fun.

Real jobs etc, see what these mincers really do for their cash and how bad they got burned if at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X