• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories 10 points ahead of Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories 10 points ahead of Labour

.. according to the latest poll announced on the radio this morning.

Labour are still the most trusted party on the economy !!!!!

.. and if you need evidence that the economy is doing well under Labour:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ies-claim.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Labour are still the most trusted party on the economy !!!!!
      But they are still 10 points behind the tories??

I suppose the people might accept economic incompetence in return for a government strong on .....

..... I can get this .......

..... no wait I'll get it ......

.... no, it escapes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        But they are still 10 points behind the tories??

I suppose the people might accept economic incompetence in return for a government strong on .....

..... I can get this .......

..... no wait I'll get it ......

.... no, it escapes me.

That attitude may change within the next few months. Things can only get better........ can only get better.......... can oly get better....

Comment

Looks like that snap February election is off then. Looks like May 2010.

Any election in between is unlikely due to rising unemployment.

I wonder if GB will now throw caution to the winds over the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Looks like that snap February election is off then. Looks like May 2010.

Any election in between is unlikely due to rising unemployment.

I wonder if GB will now throw caution to the winds over the economy?
            It will be interesting to see how much tripe he comes out with in order to get to the 2010 elections - seems recovery may be limited till an election is over and done with?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              It will be interesting to see how much tripe he comes out with in order to get to the 2010 elections - seems recovery may be limited till an election is over and done with?
              Banks are still not lending much : I know libor coming down but banks trying to rebuild balance sheets.

Maybe he will nationalize them and force them to lend?

I expect we will see some radical measures soon.

Comment

Banks are still not lending much : I know libor coming down but banks trying to rebuild balance sheets.

Maybe he will nationalize them and force them to lend?

I expect we will see some radical measures soon.

I'd love to see other banks get nationalised. They certainly deserve that fate more than the Rock did. Isn't it ironic though that HMG stopped the Rock lending to repay their stupid loan by 2010, when all the other banks do not have this crazy restriction but are borrowing even more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I'd love to see other banks get nationalised. They certainly deserve that fate more than the Rock did. Isn't it ironic though that HMG stopped the Rock lending to repay their stupid loan by 2010, when all the other banks do not have this crazy restriction but are borrowing even more!!!!
                  I thought you had your own Northern Rock thread?

Comment

I thought you had your own Northern Rock thread?

You just set me off by stating that the banks should be forced to lend !! Oh, the irony !!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X