• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thus

It's that time of year when I feel I must vent about how hopeless the accounts department at THUS is.

To save a long diatribe listing the various incompetances they exhibit, just take it as read that I am now vented.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    It's that time of year when I feel I must vent about how hopeless the accounts department at THUS is.

To save a long diatribe listing the various incompetances they exhibit, just take it as read that I am now vented.
    Threaded, old boy! Their incompetence appears to be contagious!

Comment

If they're so crap, and do this every year, why do you stay as their customer?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        If they're so crap, and do this every year, why do you stay as their customer?
        Indeed:

"Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results."

Comment

Damn right. I've been with Demon Thus for years, as their service isn't too bad, and their accounts system is notoriously cranky. They only recently started taking card payments over the phone. One used to have to send a cheque, which was processed in India or something.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What is Thus?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Damn right. I've been with Demon Thus for years, as their service isn't too bad, and their accounts system is notoriously cranky. They only recently started taking card payments over the phone. One used to have to send a cheque, which was processed in India or something.
              Well, tried paying by credit card last two years, only to be asked for "issue number" which is a debit card thing!

Yes, and this time they've sent me an email asking me for all my bank details. I looked at all the email headers 'cause I was like WTF! Nigerian scammers playing at being THUS accounts department now? But no, it really was THUS!

Really wish they'd just give me someone with a clue, which is what will happen eventually, just the same as last year, just the same as every year.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

One of their offices is just across the road from where I am now. Want me to see if I can't get a brick through their window?

"Keep them at 24,000"
                "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by TCL View Post
                  One of their offices is just across the road from where I am now. Want me to see if I can't get a brick through their window?
                  There words or yours? I hate americanisms, and "Lets see if we can't..." is one of the worst!

Its a hell of a lot easier to NOT do something, you simply...don't try!

There grammer is most nonsensical at the best of times.

But hell

I could care less..

I fact I think I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                    There words or yours? I hate americanisms, and "Lets see if we can't..." is one of the worst!

Its a hell of a lot easier to NOT do something, you simply...don't try!

There grammer is most nonsensical at the best of times.

But hell

I could care less..

I fact I think I will.
                    Well, if we're picking up on each other's grammar:

"There words".....er..how about "Their words"? And its grammar

But lets not fall out over it . Consider my offer of a bricking revoked.

"Keep them at 24,000"
                    "No, feet"

Comment

Working...
                    X