• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're having a laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're having a laugh

Morning all, nice new board we got here. Not much of a babies and cooing sort of guy myself, but this is ridiculous:

Cooing at new-born babies banned
    A West Yorkshire hospital has banned visitors from cooing at new-born babies over fears their human rights are being breached and to reduce infection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4284522.stm

Originally posted by jenever
    Morning all, nice new board we got here. Not much of a babies and cooing sort of guy myself, but this is ridiculous:

Cooing at new-born babies banned
    A West Yorkshire hospital has banned visitors from cooing at new-born babies over fears their human rights are being breached and to reduce infection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4284522.stm
    Key point... To Reduce Infection - I have a feeling that the human rights thing was tongue in cheek.
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I think what we have here is someone in authority at a maternity ward that knows little about child development.

There again I went to buy a car once and only the sales manager was there and didn't know how to start it.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        I think what we have here is someone in authority at a maternity ward that knows little about child development.

There again I went to buy a car once and only the sales manager was there and didn't know how to start it.
        Obviously you didn't too, otherwise you wouldn't have asked!

C'mon Threaded regail us with your bulltulip, I've got a cold and need cheering up!
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

I think we solved this one in a thread yesterday. In the NL police state, it is illegal to look at anyone under the age of 65. Mothers cooing over babies should immediately be put on the sex offenders register.

Comment

Debbie Lawson, neo-natal manager at the hospital's special care baby unit, said: "Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people with the same rights as you or me. We often get visitors wandering over to peer into cots but people sometimes touch or talk about the baby like they would if they were examining tins in a supermarket and that should not happen."
            Doesn't sound like the official coming up with the policy sees it as tongue in cheek.

Still, I expect every NHS trust will be employing a couple of outreach consultants to ensure the policy is being adhered to. I'll pick up a copy of The Guardian on Thursday and see. Might apply for the job myself.

Comment

This nonsense though is supposed to be for the human rights of the child, but what about the right of the child to develop normally? Example, social development by interacting with relatives, visual development by having these relatives moving around in the visual field, auditory development, by having coo coos said to them, speach development by trying to repeat what they have heard, etc. etc..

Poor little mites, stuck there, strapped down staring at a blank ceiling for hours on end with only electronic bleeps for company, must be worse than solitary confinement. Stories like this are just so horrifying it defies comprehension, you can only label the people who dream such stuff up "evil". How the fsck do such types get to work with children?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Poor little mites, stuck there, strapped down staring at a blank ceiling for hours on end with only electronic bleeps for company, must be worse than solitary confinement.
                Sounds like our testers...
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

It was my understanding that picking up the odd infection or two in early life led to a well developed immune system.

If these kids are not exposed to any germs then they will be susceptable to all diseases or allergic to everything when they get out.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

people sometimes touch or talk about the baby like they would if they were examining tins in a supermarket and that should not happen.
                    I think we need to take the rights of tins of beans into consideration. Debbie Lawson clearly needs medical help herself is she coos at tins in a supermarket.

Comment

Working...
                    X