• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - Profits up 33%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - Profits up 33%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7826308.stm

Quarterly profits at Indian outsourcing giant Infosys have jumped by 33% after the company won new contracts from firms seeking to cut their costs.

Infosys added that it had not seen any fall-out from the accounting fraud at Satyam, which has cast a shadow on India's booming outsourcing industry.

At least some good news to cheer up all the benched UK IT Contractors out there.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7826308.stm

Quarterly profits at Indian outsourcing giant Infosys have jumped by 33% after the company won new contracts from firms seeking to cut their costs.

Infosys added that it had not seen any fall-out from the accounting fraud at Satyam, which has cast a shadow on India's booming outsourcing industry.

At least some good news to cheer up all the benched UK IT Contractors out there.
    I'm very pleased for them
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Haven't they been kicked out of more projects than Accidenture? The NHS gravy train springs to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Haven't they been kicked out of more projects than Accidenture? The NHS gravy train springs to mind.
        Yep I beleive so - 3 prominent clients come to mind where they were binned.

Comment

I'm working for an Indian Company at the moment.

Guess what, I like Indians
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

The food or the people?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Even religious Indians? How about permie Indians?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Even religious Indians? How about permie Indians?
                Don't know if they're religious, no outward signs anyway. Yes they're permies but without the brit permie continous whine and envy, so much easier to tolerate.

Actually they probably get the worse deal as they're well mannered and respectful.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                X