• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full house for racist Royals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full house for racist Royals

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._Dhillon_Sooty

The Royal Family has become embroiled in a new race row amid claims that the Prince of Wales calls an Asian polo-playing friend "Sooty".

Charles has been referring to Kolin Dhillon by the nickname for years whenever they meet at Cirencester Polo club where they are both members, according to the Press Association.

Princes William and Harry also play at the club, which is close to their father's Highgrove estate in Gloucestershire, but the source was not aware of the young royals using the nickname.

The news comes after a videotape came to light shot during Prince Harry's Army training three years ago on which he refers to former Pakistani platoon member Ahmed Raza Khan as "our little Paki friend".
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

i was just watching this - I do beleive the elder lot in the Palace are racist to be honest - but obv they are never going to show it in public [so they think]

Being called Sooty - how is this racist? This is what Charles was meant to call his friend by

Comment

It is an unacceptable example to set in public life - I'll start by saying that - but if they'd wanted too I'm sure the people concerned (the army captain and the polo player) could have made a huge issue of this and caused the embarrassment years ago. Which makes me think they personally do not feel concerned or victimised about it and this is more about lazy vacuum filling press reporting and maybe some opportunistic money making going on by someone. The PC numpties, and by extension the politicians, are between a rock and a hard place really. They can't not say anything - that would be seen to be condoning it - so of course they have to say something about it and it all kicks off.

Comment

Not racist. Just stupid. Comes from being inbreds.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's the guy's nickname, for heaven's sake !!

Comment

Working...
          X