• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most efficient ways to pay internationally ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most efficient ways to pay internationally ?

Lets say you need to pay for service web hosting in the US. What is the most efficient way to pay them ?

1 ) Use Paypal ( if the vendor supports it ). I've done this and it seems to be saving wire transfer charges .

2. Visa / Mastercard payment , Are any processing charges to a UK buyer when the merchant is registered in the US ?

3. Wire Money , That seems to be the worst way , since you incur wire transfer charges.

Any comments ?

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    Lets say you need to pay for service web hosting in the US. What is the most efficient way to pay them ?

1 ) Use Paypal ( if the vendor supports it ). I've done this and it seems to be saving wire transfer charges .

2. Visa / Mastercard payment , Are any processing charges to a UK buyer when the merchant is registered in the US ?

3. Wire Money , That seems to be the worst way , since you incur wire transfer charges.

Any comments ?
    1. Is good as if they're no good you can usually get your money back
    2. I would not use any credit card against any American company over the web. Just too risky.
    3. Sometimes it is the only possible way. I really don't like it.

Comment

I have a couple of websites hosted in the US and I use method (2).

Although maybe Paypal would be a better choice, if it's an option.

Comment

I would say PayPal or if they use it, Google Checkout.

Paying with a credit card is a safe option, as you are covered against fraud and I use my card everywhere to buy stuff, including a lot of American services and goods, never had a problem.

Only time I've been ripped off is having my card cloned when I used it in a restaurant in that there bloody London.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
        X