• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany follows Gordon's policy after all - £50 billion stimulus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany follows Gordon's policy after all - £50 billion stimulus

beeb report

Well, he may lose the next election, but he'll feel he "saved the world" !!

I'm looking forward to reading Gordo's memoirs
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

I've lost track, what's the size of our stimulus package? A list for countries as a percentage of GDP would be really great too.

Comment

I've lost track, what's the size of our stimulus package?
      I know, all these billions (and trillions) floating about. I remember when a billion was a lot of money...

...you could have a good night out and still pay for fish n chips on the way home.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        I know, all these billions (and trillions) floating about. I remember when a billion was a lot of money...

...you could have a good night out and still pay for fish n chips on the way home.
        Funnily enough, tonight I worked out what a light year is in miles. That was a lot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Funnily enough, tonight I worked out what a light year is in miles. That was a lot as well.
          Not as much as the US national debt...
          If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
            Not as much as the US national debt...
            Blimey, when you put it like that - I think I came up with 6,000,000,000,000 miles. That's 6 trillion isn't it? Only 4 times the UK personal debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Blimey, when you put it like that - I think I came up with 6,000,000,000,000 miles. That's 6 trillion isn't it? Only 4 times the UK personal debt.
              That's all very well, but is not much use without at least one derivative of pounds with respect to time or position. Let's say we are travelling at 60 million pounds per hour. How long before we get there and where did we start from? Are we nearly there yet?

Comment

Seeing as most of what Germany imports comes through Dutch ports and is transported over land on Dutch trains and Dutch trucks, NL is getting a massive stimulus package without the crippling debts.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X