• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of the Euro as we know it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the Euro as we know it?

Ireland prepares for IMF bail out

ha ha

The Pound 1 Euro 0

....but we're only part way through the first half.
    I'm alright Jack

It’s not a footie match where one side wins and the other loses. If the Euro fails then the UK will be damaged too. If the UK fails then Euroland will be damaged. Everyone loses, except for the bailiffs.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Who bankrolls the IMF ?

PS It was a game of two halfs

Comment

Ireland have really behaved outrageousley if this is true. 1st they drain the EU for as much cash as they can and completely overheat the economy then when it all goes predictably wrong they run off to the IMF for more money. I mean grow up Ireland, take some f**in responsibility.

treblemad.
        Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Ireland have really behaved outrageousley if this is true. 1st they drain the EU for as much cash as they can and completely overheat the economy then when it all goes predictably wrong they run off to the IMF for more money. I mean grow up Ireland, take some f**in responsibility.

treblemad.
          Wot an be like us?

Comment

Don't talk rubbish. According to our resident economics editor AtW, Ireland is a solid exporting country with a lot of inward investment and a sound economy.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Problem is that Spain and Greece are in far worse shape than Ireland.

If these countries go to the IMF then the Euro will seriously wobble - remmeber my predicion that the Euro may come unhinged this year - look for Germany to opt out first - Bliar being the president of the EU will be perfect for the meltdown.

Forex traders will be wetting themselves.

Comment

*Could* individual countries in the Euro go to the IMF, even if they wanted/needed to?

Doesn't being in the Euro imply a "one for all, all for one" policy almost by definition, so if anything it could only be the EU that went to the IMF?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  *Could* individual countries in the Euro go to the IMF, even if they wanted/needed to?

Doesn't being in the Euro imply a "one for all, all for one" policy almost by definition, so if anything it could only be the EU that went to the IMF?
                  I guess they could go cap in hand to the Germans first
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

We should go to the IMF too before they run out of money. I hear they are getting a bit skint.

Comment

Working...
                    X