• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the Bush presidency spectacularly successful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the Bush presidency spectacularly successful?

I'm not joking. By starting two wars which "absorbed" hotheaded jihadists from around the world and killed them and by harrassing and driving Al Quaeda underground to the extent that they were ineffective apart from releasing the odd video clip, perhaps he made the world a much safer place.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

It was spectacularly something. I just can't think of an appropriate term...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      It was spectacularly something. I just can't think of an appropriate term...
      I reiterate - his one success was curbing extremism.
      America may not be respected or liked in the Middle East but it is now feared.
      Under Clinton it was despised as being weak.
      Bin Laden undertook 9/11 thinking he'd get a Clintonesque response - he thought America lacked the stomach for a fight (by his own words)
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I reiterate - his one success was curbing extremism.
        America may not be respected or liked in the Middle East but it is now feared.
        Under Clinton it was despised as being weak.
        Bin Laden undertook 9/11 thinking he'd get a Clintonesque response - he thought America lacked the stomach for a fight (by his own words)
        Really? Where?

Extremism will always exist - it may appear to be curbed but it isn't.

Comment

successful if the bin man had been captured and the wars won. i suppose it was a spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            successful if the bin man had been captured and the wars won. i suppose it was a spectacle.
            Yup, spectacular failure.

Comment

Do you know sas, you might have a point about that.

I think Bush suffered from having a thick, arse-licking British Prime Minister, whereas Ronald Reagan had Thatcher.

Comment

Spectacular fireworks display in Baghdad, but it seems that local residents weren't unanimous in their applause.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  The bin man has been binned in a cave for the last few years.
                  The Iraqi surge seems to be working.
                  Afghanistan is useful for killing off jihadists from around the world, including British ones.

What's yer point?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The bin man has been binned in a cave for the last few years.
                    The Iraqi surge seems to be working.
                    Afghanistan is useful for killing off jihadists from around the world, including British ones.

What's yer point?
                    A sort of Jihadi honeypot.

Nice idea. Stir up tulip in some tulipty country and draw away all the trouble makers.

Comment

Working...
                    X