• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody missed him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody missed him?

Jonathan Ross?

Thought not.

Never mind, a few more millions flying his way from the BBC. It's your BBC.

It will be interesting to see whether he gets the viewing/listening figures back. I never liked his TV show, but the radio 2 show on a saturday is pretty good.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

His radio show is OK but the talk show is pretty crap, he spends too much time trying to get the guest to laugh at his smutty jokes and usually the guests are just there to pitch something you probably are not interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        the radio 2 show on a saturday is pretty good.
        He talks too much. Way too much. And likes the sound of his own voice, a lot.

Like some posters ...... Oops

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about AtW
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I liked both his radio and TV shows, perhaps if he didn't earn so much some people would like him more.

Charlie Brooker talks some sense about the whole sorry affair.

Perhaps it's time to put a "Complain to Ofcom" button right there on the remote control: if enough viewers press it, the show gets yanked immediately, like a bad variety act being pulled off stage by a shepherd's crook.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

He's a shining example of a TV presenter / Interviewer who THINKS his job is to be a comedian and raconteur.
              Except he's not funny, so his feeble attempts at wit and humour often just embarrass his guests. On the radio he usually has some gimp producer present to laugh along at the appropriately scripted moments at his tedious banter.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                I have gone through therapy to get over his posts and thought I was cured. But you just bought it all back....

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Honestly, that was mye xact thought when I read the topic!

God its sad he has inflitrated our minds even in his absence!

Comment

Working...
                  X