• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost my mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my mobile

Yeh lost my mobile phone last Thursday on a train, called the network company and informed them so that they could lock the phone, and told them will ask the railway network if someone handed it in before I report it to the police... called train network to enquire about lost properties, they told me all lost properties will be taken to waterloo, and can't be checked till Monday pm (yesterday) so I called Waterloo yesterday... unfortunately they didn't have it

So called the mobile phone network, they refused to send me a replacement, they said the insurance says I have to report it within 24 hours... I told them but I couldn't check if someone handed it in till Monday ...
    Anyway they are insisting not to replace my handset or sim card

What should I do??

oh and : ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1) Buy a new one.
    2) Change network.
    3) Download your contacts from your pc to the phone (which obviously you saved and are up to date with).

et voila!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

SandyDown: Double glazing firms have the same con. You get 10 years guarentee if you pay within 7 days. Unfortunately their bank takes 8 days to do anything. So no one actually gets a guarentee at all. Only finding out when they try to claim.

Insurance, it's mostly a big con.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Just ordered a new mobile through my employer (I can claim for the phone too :-).. the options are Orange or BT/O2 hence am sticking to Orange, cuz they have better reception, mind you others tell me BT is soo much cheaper ...

I do have a back up of my contacts on another sim card and on the PC so sorted that way ....

Comment

Orange have better reception - dont make me laugh!!! O2 is the way to go...
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

you could try saying the insurance policy sold was not fit for purpose which contradicts trading standards.

Also you did report it missing on the day - but stated that you would try and save the insurance co money by waiting for lost property to open. It was not your fault that lost property was also lost.

Comment

Working...
            X