• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mental note:dont leave your laptop in a restaurant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mental note:dont leave your laptop in a restaurant

had a wilmslowesque day yesterday..

-left my laptop on the bus (friend refused to get a cab) on the way back from town
    -collected laptop from bus depot on the way back into town to celebrate new contract signing
    -left laptop in restaurant
    -realised my idiocy this morning, called restaurant, nothing handed in, called insurance

on the plus side, i've just gone and bought a new Dell Precision M4400 Extreme edition, delivered tomorrow

before you ask, no there was nothing sensitive stored on the laptop, yes i have a full backup on an external HD..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

How valuable are your recipes then?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

One of the managers here had his latop stolen from the boot of his car in an Ikea carpark last week. Thieves drilled the lock out and nicked it while he was inside.

Comment from the polic on reporting it was that thieves in the area have been targetting cars with jackets hung up in the back or on the back seat since there is a good chance there is something worth nicking in there even if they cant see it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's not just civil servants then ...
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          on the plus side, i've just gone and bought a new Dell Precision M4400 Extreme edition, delivered tomorrow
          Where are you planning on leaving that one?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            One of the managers here had his latop stolen from the boot of his car in an Ikea carpark last week. Thieves drilled the lock out and nicked it while he was inside.

Comment from the polic on reporting it was that thieves in the area have been targetting cars with jackets hung up in the back or on the back seat since there is a good chance there is something worth nicking in there even if they cant see it.
            Inside the car? Deaf prat.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              While he was inside Ikea, rather than inside the car ? Or inside the boot?

Comment

had a wilmslowesque day yesterday..

-left my laptop on the bus (friend refused to get a cab) on the way back from town
                -collected laptop from bus depot on the way back into town to celebrate new contract signing
                -left laptop in restaurant
                -realised my idiocy this morning, called restaurant, nothing handed in, called insurance

before you ask, no there was nothing sensitive stored on the laptop, yes i have a full backup on an external HD..
                Too bad - but at least it was insured.

Interesting to note that the bus did return your laptop - whilst the presumably so called better heeled at the restaurant - did not .

Comment

Didn't know you worked for the government.
                  Bored.

Comment

before you ask, no there was nothing sensitive stored on the laptop,
                    ...except for the personal details of 20 million taxpayers?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X