• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

business savings account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

business savings account

I have my business current account with Abbey and I'm very happy with that. I now want to stick a chunk into a savings account so that I bring the balance back below the govt backed insurance level.

Can anyone recommend a good business savings account?

Ta.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

No worries - I found this.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'm also interested in the same question.

When I go through their process, the top one is Standard Life at 3.91% but the notes say that the bonus is until 4/9. I looked at the Standard Life website and the rate takes a big cut after that. So it's only a short intorductory rate to suck us in.

Given these uncertain times we also need to keep in mind the £50,000 limit and what guarantees are available if the bank goes under.

I notice that Standard Life isn't doing very well in some areas (and yes, I know that many other banks are in the same boat).

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=101274

This is not a complaint. I'm just trying to compare notes with others in the same area.

What are other business account holders doign about spreading money around banks to get around the £50,000 limit if one goes belly up?

Comment

Originally posted by Flopsy View Post
        What are other business account holders doign about spreading money around banks to get around the £50,000 limit if one goes belly up?

IMO, no more banks are going to go broke, unless countries start going broke, and that is not going to happen, as they control their printing presses.

IMO, the biggest problem is the companies money is now not making money, so it begs the question, what is the point of it.

Although that said, the link given by ratewhore, gives some tasty morsels.

Then again I could be wrong....

Comment

Working...
        X