• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any freemasons in here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any freemasons in here?

My next-door neighbour is one. I only found out recently, from a lapsed mason of his lodge.

Anyway, my neighbour likes to deputise for the grand master, or whatever he's called, and do all the ceremonies, incantations and stuff. He knows all the words and takes it very seriously.

Anyway, apart from a spot of networking, what is the attraction? I'm sure loads of you influential professionals are trouser-lifters.

Originally posted by wendigo100
    I'm sure loads of you influential professionals are trouser-lifters.
    Most people on here are.

oh sorry, you said 'trouser' lifters......

thought you'd said 'shirt' lifters.

Comment

Freemasons are wonderful people and not at all responsible for making my pet gerbil disappear. Their sense of brotherhood, charity and self improvement is admirable indeed, and in no way am I saying this because there are freemasons on the board and I want it.

Comment

What is Freemasonry

If you have any specific questions PM me. Or why not ask your neighbour?
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          My next-door neighbour is one. I only found out recently, from a lapsed mason of his lodge.

Anyway, my neighbour likes to deputise for the grand master, or whatever he's called, and do all the ceremonies, incantations and stuff. He knows all the words and takes it very seriously.

Anyway, apart from a spot of networking, what is the attraction? I'm sure loads of you influential professionals are trouser-lifters.
          Spod is a freemason.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

spod is one of them .. may be he can give us an insight on how the collective helped him in securing contracts....

Comment

Originally posted by voron
              Freemasons are wonderful people and not at all responsible for making my pet gerbil disappear.
              I would be looking at a certain Giant Alien Lizard for the answer to that riddle...

LGJC in "telling tales" mode!
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                Spod is a freemason.
                And you believe him?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  And you believe him?

Don't get jelous theady me owld son

You're so transparent

Comment

From what I've read about the masons it's just like christianity without praying to a god that does not exist.

From your last expression chico.. sounds like you don't approve
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X