• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Date with an agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date with an agent

well, at least i get a free dinner - do i have to put out?!

he wants to meet me face to face for a chat about "me"

sigh!

am only going as the market is so quiet

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

sigh!

You wont get a word in edgeways. The conversation will be mainly about him. The only thing you will be expected to contribute are some leads.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

sigh!

Make sure you order the most expensive item for each course, whether you like it or not. And offer to choose a different wine for each course too
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

as long as it is not an appraisal
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

sigh!

I got an agent invite me to dinner, so took along some of the other contractors, to make it a party.

Turned out the agency sent a really tasty bird, and all the geeks I took along made me look like an Adonis.

Result!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Dinner! i've got a nonsense chat lined up next week and I'm only getting coffee. Only going because i'm in the vicinity anyway and it can fill a gap in the schedule.

But I'm going to make sure i order the biggest Danish Pastry also now...

Comment

Write back after the meal and tell us how many minutes it took him to ask for a lead.

Comment

its not til Tuesday, so I'll resurrect this thread then!

Comment

its not til Tuesday, so I'll resurrect this thread then!
                  Or, stick a link to a Northern Rock story in here and CyberToryGayBoy will keep it going for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
                    Write back after the meal and tell us how many minutes it took him to ask for a lead.
                    Don't forget to mention if the agent was sad enough to bring flowers to the date.

Sorry couldn't resist. Hope the dinner goes well.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X