• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Plane The Plane:(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Plane The Plane:(

Actor Ricardo Montalban, who starred in the popular US TV show Fantasy Island in the 1970s-80s, has died aged 88, a Los Angeles city official says.

The Mexican-born actor died at his home, the official said.

Fantasy Island ran for six years and centred on a magical island where guests could live out their dreams.

Montalban - who had a long career in entertainment - was also well-known for playing the villain in Star Trek, both on television and in a feature film.

Montalban's death was announced by Eric Garcetti, who represents the LA district where the actor lived.

David Brokaw, the actor's friend, described him as a "very courtly, modest, dignified individual," the Associated Press news agency reports.

Montalban had been a film star in Mexico before moving to Hollywood in 1946
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!
      To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

etc.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

How's Tattoo getting on?

Comment

Herve's dead too!
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He was once asked to describe a career in show business and summed it up in 4 lines.

"Who is Ricardo Montalban?"
            "Get me Ricardo Montalban!"
            "Get me a Ricardo Montalban"
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                He was once asked to describe a career in show business and summed it up in 4 lines.

"Get me Ricardo Montalban!"
                "Get me a Ricardo Montalban"
                Funny thing is, he's one actor whose name I could never remember.

I'd read it in the papers earlier today, but until Fantasy Island was mentioned in this thread, it didn't click.

I heard it on the news this evening, and by the end of the news, I still couldn't remember his name.

Weird. Right up with the actor who played "Charlie" as John Nettles' father in law in Bergerac. I even saw him in real life on the tube, but for the life of me could never remember his name either.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X