• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solution to Israel - Hamas conflict poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution to Israel - Hamas conflict poll

What should Israel do about a few ineffective rockets coming in?
    Turn the other cheek. It's in the bible.
    8.82%
    Assasinate the Hamas leaders. Pinpoint strikes only.
    14.71%
    Do what they are doing now.
    11.76%
    Unleash the nukes on every Arab neighbour.
    20.59%
    Make AndyW Middle East Peace Envoy.
    44.12%

"Round them up, put them in a field and bomb the b******!!"

Oh - thats what they are actually doing.

I think international peace keepers will be the only solution, but who's going to put their troops in that firing line!
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Turning the other cheek is in the Christian bit of the bible. It doesn't apply to anyone else.

Comment

Top AndyW option.

Comment

I get the impression the majority of people there enjoy it. The majority of Palestinians voted for Hamas, the majority of Israelis do military service and vote for governments who carry on this way. The sensible minority do their best to survive or just leave.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If they want peace, then they should:

Remove themselves and their settlers from the from the stolen land in the west bank, east Jerusalem
            etc, ie back to pre 1967 borders.

Create a corridor of land to connect Gaza to the west bank for the free movement of people between the two.

Let the Palestinians control there own airspace, land and sea borders.

Reach a generous cash settlement with the displaced refugees still stuck in camps so that they can start a real life without feeling like they are owed something from Israel.

Free all Palestinian prisoners.

I guess that's what I would want if I was in the same boat as the Palestinians.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Top AndyW option.
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I get the impression the majority of people there enjoy it. The majority of Palestinians voted for Hamas, the majority of Israelis do military service and vote for governments who carry on this way. The sensible minority do their best to survive or just leave.
                From the mash

Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert said: "You've got to hand it to Hamas, they are the dog's bollocks when it comes to unrelentingly insane terrorist opponents.

"Fatah and Mahmoud Abbas are so sensible and tedious. It's all talking and protesting and chucking a few rocks once a week.

"Sure we can flatten a few streets but it's not the same. Rocket attacks mean you can go balls-out crazy apetulip. I just love Hamas. They really get us."

Meanwhile a Hamas spokesman said: "Hats off to the Israelis, they've done it again.

"This is the sort of top drawer, high quality violence that could keep us all going for years and years. Vintage stuff.

"In fact, if I wasn't a Muslim being attacked by Jews I'd say it was the perfect Christmas present."

He added: "Imagine if they invade! No, stop, I don't want to jinx it."

Comment

Where’s the "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure" option?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The big problem is that the rest of the world carries on pretending they care. The Americans (at least their government) seem to care about Israel and the Arabs and Persians (or at least their governments) seem to care about Palestine. If everyone turned away and said ‘we don’t give a tulip anymore’ they’d all be starved of weapons and have to either throw stones at each other or sit down and talk. Europe should start by just pulling out all diplomats and aid efforts in both Israel and Palestine and saying ‘sort yourselves out and rejoin the world when you’ve all grown up a bit’.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X