• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Third runway at heathrow official

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third runway at heathrow official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7829676.stm

blah blah blah...we need another runway...lest our economy collapse...blah blah blah
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Should do what HK did. Build a new one on edge of town.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Should do what HK did. Build a new one on edge of town.
      I thought the plan was to concrete over the Isle of Sheppey
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So (apparently) the majority of people are against this, but the government go through with it anyway?

Run this "democracy" thing by me again?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

3rd runway = more planes = a lot more C02 = a LOT more tax.

HTH

Comment

I think this is outrageous when we already have five 'London' airports. This crazy government are just introducing a 150 quid tax on long-haul and 45 quid on short-haul flights under the guise of green taxes in order to reduce flights. So why do we need more runways ???!!!!

Their policies are totally illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              So (apparently) the majority of people are against this, but the government go through with it anyway?

Run this "democracy" thing by me again?
              I love this sort of argument. On what basis do you assert the majority of people are against it?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                I love this sort of argument. On what basis do you assert the majority of people are against it?

What logic do you have that the majority would be for it ? I certainly am against it for environmental reasons. Also, if they had to expand an airport, then why not use Stanstead or Gatwick which are in far less populated areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  What logic do you have that the majority would be for it ? I certainly am against it for environmental reasons. Also, if they had to expand an airport, then why not use Stanstead or Gatwick which are in far less populated areas.
                  Much better to build one in/on the Thames Estuary than expand an airport that's in the wrong place anyway. Plus that would provide thousands more jobs that a Heathrow expansion.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Hopefully if enough of the country are against this, it will seal the fate of the labour party. The tories need to ensure they take full advantage of this.
                    Originally posted by cailin maith
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                    X