• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...e-iceberg.html

The number of confirmed job losses in the past 10 days alone has mounted to over 40,000, with a swathe of businesses joining Woolworths in either closing down or slashing back their workforces.

John Philpott, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development chief economist, said: "You can't necessarily judge the full picture from the redundancies that we're seeing.

"A lot of jobs will also be lost by simply not re-hiring staff when they leave. The redundancies are just the tip of the iceberg."

Hopefully all this bad news will see the property market tumble drastically.

So that's + 12 million unemployed by 2010. Chav-Boomed.
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      So that's + 12 million unemployed by 2010. Chav-Boomed.
      I'd write a proper reply but I'm off down Primark to buy a velour tracksuit.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Everyone acknowledges that over 3 million will be out of work by the end of the year, so it is hardly news when people get the chop.

Unless, of course, you get your jollies out of posting links to websites showing the next batch of people getting the chop just to try to depress people?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hey don't shoot the messenger. You silly chunts voted Labour. Several times.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            You silly chunts voted Labour.
            I didn't.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I'd write a proper reply but I'm off down Primark to buy a velour tracksuit.
              To join the others already in your wardrobe?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Hey don't shoot the messenger. You silly chunts voted Labour. Several times.
                Now that statement is WAY below the belt!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I didn't vote for Labour and never would, and also tried to persuade others not to in 1997. I said that taxes would rise, immigration would go out of control and that IR35 would come in, but nobody believed me. SMUG
                  Last edited by Cyberman; 15 January 2009, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    To join the others already in your wardrobe?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X