• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Change

Didn't they used to call this Global Warming.

After the news about the 3rd runway at Heathrow I've not heard one crusty hippy mention Global Warming, it's all Climate Change.

Excuse my ignorance but doesn't the climate change everyday, it's called the weather.

It used to be called Global Warming. I believe the US Republican party at some point decided this sounded too nasty, and that Climate Change would less frightening, for precisely the reason you mention. So they began a campaign of saying it as much as possible until the rest of the world followed suit. It is disappointing that the environmental lobby have followed too.

Comment

I think you'll find that I mentioned it on the main runway thread !! I prefer to use 'Global Warming' because this refers to changes caused by CO2 emissions and thus the 'greenhouse effect'.
      'Climate Change' refers to the climate changing which happens anyway due to the natural climate cycle over thousands of years , regardless of what man does.

Comment

because GW was a myth and climate change is natural....we go through ages and history has shown this.

Now let me get back to fixing the flux capacitor.

Comment

Interesting article on the myth of climate change/global warming

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/01/0...say/#more-4798

"Keep them at 24,000"
          "No, feet"

Comment

Maybe they get sick of morons saying "well how come I had snow last week if it's getting warmer?" C.T. is more accurate since is predicts NOT the whole world just getting a bit warmer, but weather patterns and oceanic currents being changed, which is totally different.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I thought the change came about because Global Warming, if true, will apparently stop the North Atlantic conveyor which will cause Northern Europe to actually become very much colder. Hence even though the world would be warmer, it would, in countries that could be cajoled into doing something about it, become an awful lot colder. So, it's called Climate Change now so the lumpen proletariat don't get confused with the politicians saying it is getting warmer and yet they experience it getting colder.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Maybe they get sick of morons saying "well how come I had snow last week if it's getting warmer?" C.T. is more accurate since is predicts NOT the whole world just getting a bit warmer, but weather patterns and oceanic currents being changed, which is totally different.
                or saying "where's all this global warming i've been hearing about, it's freezing here"

global warming sounds lovely!

Comment

Global Warming is too easy to prove wrong.

More C02 must lead to overall warming (simple Greenhouse Effect) and therefore if the world over the next 10 years cools, the whole theory is left looking silly.

However Climate Change is so vague, there's no way to disprove it (as the climate varies naturally due to solar, volcanic and other reasons) and so the so called scientists and politicians can claim moral victory and levy taxes at the stupid proles. i.e. you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Global Warming is too easy to prove wrong.

More C02 must lead to overall warming (simple Greenhouse Effect) and therefore if the world over the next 10 years cools, the whole theory is left looking silly.

However Climate Change is so vague, there's no way to disprove it (as the climate varies naturally due to solar, volcanic and other reasons) and so the so called scientists and politicians can claim moral victory and levy taxes at the stupid proles. i.e. you.
                    There is nothing vague about Al 'flat-Earth' Gore saying the Arctic will be ice free by 2013

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X