• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay your accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you pay your accountant?

One that does pretty much all your paperwork, including company and personal Tax Returns.

Our clients pay a flat fee of £60+VAT per month (£720 per annum) and this covers all the accounting work, including company and personal tax returns.

Take a look at out testimonial page of our website to see what our clients think of us.

Alan

Comment

accountants

I pay mine an effing fortune.....

Comment

400 quid for end of year accounts, and any ad hoc advice as I need it.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I've been foolishly paying £112+ VAT/month for the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
            400 quid for end of year accounts, and any ad hoc advice as I need it.
            WHS. (£400 + vat).

The VAT cut means it has gone down by £10 this year though!

Comment

£111 a month inc VAT. Too fecking much.

Comment

Circa ~£350ish for end of year accounts.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I find it's worth paying over a grand to lessen the time and hassle of doing all the necessary accountancy work. After I've been out all day at client site, I dont want to come home and have to piss about doing more paperwork so Im prepared to pay for it. My choice.

My accountant or probably his insurance is accountantable for any malpractice advice so that's another worry I dont have to be concerned with. Todate, I havent had any duff advice and I have a very good rapport with him. Like any business relationship, you cant put a figure on that.

Most accountants who charge a seemingly low rate, will charge you for ever phone call \ query you make to them. Mine doesnt. They are also very proactive. I dont believe all these accountants who charge a seemingly low rate are pro active and instead are re active.

At the end of the day, its a free choice. Some people are happy to drive around in an old banger costing a few hundred quid.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

£70 + vat for pretty much everything

tehy even prepped accounts and did projections at no extra cost when i was applying for a mortgage.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X