• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to...

Minorca
    Atlantic coast of Portugal
    Jersey
    Scilly Isles

Places I've not holidayed to and was wondering what they are like for a summer holiday?

Can't travel far have a toddler now.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Minorca
    Jersey
    Scilly Isles

Places I've not holidayed to and was wondering what they are like for a summer holiday?

Been to all of them. Atlantic coast of Portugal is by far the best.

Jesey/Scilly Isles are only recommended if you are over 70.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Yes; get yourself north of Lisbon. Don't go to the Algarve as it's full of chavs. Once you drive north out of Cascais the coastline gets rougher, the villages get less touristy and life just seems to be perfect. Fish on your plate so fresh it’s eyes are still shining, copious amounts of wine, fresh fruit picked from a tree in the restaurant garden, no chavs, very laid back but quietly competent waiters, and it just keep getting better until you reach Porto, which is stunning. It’s not expensive compared to the rest of Europe and it definitely an option if you feel like spending a few weeks/months away from the world.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Minorca
        Jersey
        Scilly Isles

Minorca is ultra family friendly. atleast in the bits I've been to. A bit boring and samey especially on the food front but if you are saddled with young kids not a bad option.

Comment

Minorca
          Jersey
          Scilly Isles

Minorca if you want to avoid rain. I've been to Atlantic coast of Spain / Portugal a couple of times where it has pissed down for most of the holiday.

Comment

Minorca
            Jersey
            Scilly Isles

Minorca....... soooo sooooo boring.

I hated it
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

You're breeding? Lor 'elp us.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

And me, I've told my family we're going to 'The Jurassic Coast' this year.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Minorca....... soooo sooooo boring.

I hated it
                  OK, on reflaction forget my earlier post, it's tulip even if you have kids.

The worst part is the grub, the same bland menu at every single place, they haven't worked out that some Brits atleast don't want everything to taste of nothing whatsoever !

Comment

I'm just debating taking a 3.5 and a 1.5 year old to Oz for a month or so

It was my idea and I've now backtracked but the Mrs thinks it will be fun

Comment

Working...
                    X