• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Euro - an interesting analysis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Euro - an interesting analysis

Euro interesting analysis

I think this article outlines nicely the pros and cons of the Euro.

Makes a nice change from "flying around in Spitfires defending the UK" as quite a few UK commentators like to do.
    I'm alright Jack

The weakness of the pound will see us out of this crisis before other economys.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The weakness of the pound will see us out of this crisis before other economys.
      Since we import all our fuel, clothing, hi-tech goods, most of our food, raw materials, can you please explain how having a worthless currency makes us better served to recover?

Comment

Surely the best time to join the Euro would be when the pound is strong?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Makes a nice change from "flying around in Spitfires defending the UK" as quite a few UK commentators like to do.
          I don't think we do that anymore...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Since we import all our fuel....
            Huh? When did that start happening then?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So that article says:

1. The Euro is more stable in a storm
              2. its stops the weaker economies devaluing as they'd like to do.

Next you'll be telling us the Pope is a catholic and that bears tulip in the woods.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I didn’t really find the analysis ‘interesting’ enough to read more than a few lines. Do you mean ‘interesting’ in the Steve ‘interesting’ Davis sense of the word?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I didn’t really find the analysis ‘interesting’ enough to read more than a few lines. Do you mean ‘interesting’ in the Steve ‘interesting’ Davis sense of the word?
                  You have to remember that for people who adore the euro anything that puts a positive spin on it is, by definition, interesting.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    You have to remember that for people who adore the euro anything that puts a positive spin on it is, by definition, interesting.
                    I have got used to the euro. It’s just there, a fact of life, and I really don’t give a stuff about it, as long as I have enough of them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X