• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk Doom - How do we prepare for what happens next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk Doom - How do we prepare for what happens next?

Should we all be stockpiling an arsenal of weapons for the civil war? Or building a vegetable garden?
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Or arming ourselves with sharpened home grown veg?

Comment

Leave?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

im planning on investing in BTL by maxing out my credit cards and spending my savings

HTH
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I think I may well emigrate at some point in the future unless there is a change in the fundamentals of society and government in this country (not party politics, but the essence of how we are governed)

Problem is I am nto sure where I woudl want to settle and bring up a family. Idealiistically I would say Italy, but their economy is (pre crisis) worse than ours.

Germany is a good option but I dont like the language.

Maybe Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            I think I may well emigrate at some point in the future unless there is a change in the fundamentals of society and government in this country (not party politics, but the essence of how we are governed)

Problem is I am nto sure where I woudl want to settle and bring up a family. Idealiistically I would say Italy, but their economy is (pre crisis) worse than ours.

Germany is a good option but I dont like the language.

Maybe Japan!
            I'm thinking the Isle of Wight.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
              It probably isn’t. Italy has been broke on paper for the last hundred years or so, but Italians seem to stumble on in their usual happy go lucky fashion. That’s the problem; they don’t get round to reforming their economy because lunch is too good to waste time on stuff like that.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                lunch is too good to waste time on stuff like that.
                Sounds like a good plan.

We need to eat more, and worry less.

Someone should tell the daily mail we have solved the problem.
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Pants on Head, Pencils up nose....

Wibble....
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

4000 new jobs at Waitrose.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7833065.stm

I'm not sure what Waitrose does, I'm a Lidl man myself.
                    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Working...
                    X