• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Labour Bank of Shyte

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Labour Bank of Shyte

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7832418.stm

Ministers are understood to be considering creating a state-owned "bad bank" as part of government plans to stimulate the UK economy.

It would accept "toxic assets" - risky loans on many banks' balance sheets - easing the pain of the credit crunch.

I like their catchy slogan:

The New Labour Bank of Shyte, bankrupting taxpayers like you, for generations to come.

Hmm - how about Banco Diablo - with a wee Red banking card

Comment

The trouble with these bright ideas is that they swiftly get accepted as the norm. In debt? Don't worry, you can have an account with Banco Diablo, problem solved. carry on.

Anyone noticed, now that the public has got used to billions being donated to banks, the government are suddenly hosing billions about left, right and centre? Third runway, Equitable Life, buying up people's mortgages, Jaguar, Kaka...

Hang on, Kaka was Man City wasn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        the government are suddenly hosing billions about left, right and centre?
        Where is this hosepipe? I wish to stand in front of it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Can we get all of the f**kwitt bankers who got us into this mess working for the Bank of Shyte?

Their offices would be on the big derelict barge.

On the 1st day at work, said "offices" would be towed out to the middle of the Atlantic to dock with their American equivalent (obviously a bigger barge, it'll have come from Texas where everything is bigger ).

Unfortunately, on the 1st night before they could be towed back, both barges are inexplicable sunk taking whe b(w)ankers and the whole toxic mess to Davey Jones's Locker.

Police would say that it is not a terrorist attack and they are not looking for anyone else in conjunction with the case.
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7832418.stm

Ministers are understood to be considering creating a state-owned "bad bank" as part of government plans to stimulate the UK economy.

It would accept "toxic assets" - risky loans on many banks' balance sheets - easing the pain of the credit crunch.

I like their catchy slogan:

The New Labour Bank of Shyte, bankrupting taxpayers like you, for generations to come.
            I gotta believe you, its just so incredibly stupid, you couldnt make it up
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

NEW LABOUR, GOVERNMENT OF SHYTE !!

This really is the worst government in my lifetime. The second worst was Labour of the 70s. In comparison though, the government of the 70s, even though it went to the IMF, is now overtaking this one in my estimation !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                NEW LABOUR, GOVERNMENT OF SHYTE !!

This really is the worst government in my lifetime. The second worst was Labour of the 70s. In comparison though, the government of the 70s, even though it went to the IMF, is now overtaking this one in my estimation !!
                As I said in my thread about the book "Gordon is a Moron", what I hoped to be an entertaining read became a depressing experience as I saw it all laid out. The book is a bit over the top, but nearly everything Brown has done has been disastrous, vastly over-complicated, and difficult or impossible to undo.

Brown has been a cancer to our country.
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 16 January 2009, 23:31.

Comment

Working...
                X