• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get money in my Business Account, then what??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get money in my Business Account, then what??

Please help me!
    I have set up a limited company and I'm the only director/employee in the company. I sent an invoice to my first customer and get paid £900 in my HSBC Business Account.

I don't know what's to do next, can I withdraw those money? Or how can I get the most benefit from tax?

Thank you very much!
    BEC

Originally posted by BEC View Post
    Please help me!
    I have set up a limited company and I'm the only director/employee in the company. I sent an invoice to my first customer and get paid £900 in my HSBC Business Account.

I don't know what's to do next, can I withdraw those money? Or how can I get the most benefit from tax?

Thank you very much!
    BEC
    Get an accountant.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Get an accountant.
      WHS. Seriously.
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Become a permie and forget contracting.

Comment

Get an accountant.
          WHS
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Thanks for your reply, what is 'WHS'?

Comment

Ignore all that, spend it at will, preferably using your business credit card to buy your personal stuff.*

*This may be incredibly bad advice.

Comment

I spy a sockpuppet
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  I spy a sockpuppet
                  Who's this one then?
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Get an accountant.
                    I can understand your response given way the original poster's question was phrased, but is it really necessary to pay an accountant?

I have been through various periods without an accountant and it's not rocket science.

Most contractor's run a fairly simple business. The rules are well explained and obvious (see HRMC website).

VAT is straightforward. The only thing I can see being an issue is Capital Allowances, for those who are new to the game.

The days of 'a decent accountant will save you more that you pay them' are long gone IMHO. Not so may loopholes or wriggle-room nowadays.

If you are disciplined, numerate and are not put off by the jargon, then there's no reason why someone running a simple Ltd, partnership or sole trader outfit would need an accountant.

There are plenty of good books that explain how to run a small business and prepare accounts etc.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X