• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge (Norla)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge (Norla)

I used Edges (via Norla) EBT scheme for a year or so and have just received a letter from HMRC. It reads friendly and mentions that they are "concerned with the employment income and benefits provided to you by Edge Consulting Ltd.".

I know a couple of other guys who also received the letter and was wondering whether any users on here got a similar one ?

I think if we can share ideas and information on here, its going to benefit us all.

Cheers
    Giz

Originally posted by Gizza View Post
    I used Edges (via Norla) EBT scheme for a year or so and have just received a letter from HMRC. It reads friendly and mentions that they are "concerned with the employment income and benefits provided to you by Edge Consulting Ltd.".

I know a couple of other guys who also received the letter and was wondering whether any users on here got a similar one ?

I think if we can share ideas and information on here, its going to benefit us all.

Cheers
    Giz
    I'm with Norla, but am not linked to any EBT scheme as they only provide accounting services. Am in full control of my business, which is how it should be.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Try searching for Norla - it's been mentioned before once or twice.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...an-scheme.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nor...ntractoruk.com
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I received a letter too...

Comment

Was tempted by the EBT scheme, went into a bit of detail about it with one of thier accountants, now I keep getting sales calls from them to ask if I want to join up. I'll ask them about this next time they call, just to see what thier response is.

Comment

Hi, I've been with Norla for nearly a year and I am getting increasingly worried about this. I ideally would like to get out completely but my contract doesn't end for a fair while (i'm not a ltd company)

Any further developments?

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post
              Hi, I've been with Norla for nearly a year and I am getting increasingly worried about this. I ideally would like to get out completely but my contract doesn't end for a fair while (i'm not a ltd company)

Any further developments?
              You can change to Ltd / Umbrella mid-contract : just ask your agency to re-issue a contract to you with the new Ltd Co details.

Comment

TazMaN - thank you.

I've contacted my agency about re-issuing a contract, I think I am going to go the Limited route. Just feels a bit 'safer'. Very new to all this and finding the forums invaluable.

Comment

Norla

Hi Guys,

I used Norla back in 2005/06 and last year .. No problems whatsoever.. even after the tax return...

They use a trust fund in IOM .. No way would the Govt. close this down because a trust fund is foundation of the rich.... That would be like suicide much like the 50% tax rate..

Comment

Bit of a non arguement there.

They'd never close this loophole, that would be like introducing a 50% tax rate. Which is exactly what they've done.

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm here.
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Working...
                    X