• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News of the World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News of the World

Many years since I even glanced at this publication, still less bought it. But today may be an exception. It contains free dvd of Life on Mars (first 2 episodes). Only hope the shop hasn't sold out by the time I get there.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Good call - anything that costs Murdoch money is a good idea.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Chav alert

If you like Life on Mars, why not buy boxed sets of the first two series? They're only £30 or so each.

Surely £60 is a small price to pay to avoid the hideous embarrassment of having to queue in the newsagent holding a copy of Winker's Weekly.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Surely £60 is a small price to pay to avoid the hideous embarrassment of having to queue in the newsagent holding a copy of Winker's Weekly.

Comment

Turns out the offer is only available at WH Smith stores. DOH! Not that Smiths is a million miles from where I live, but I'm not going to make a second journey for this). Fool me once...I think it's going to be another 10 years before I consider buying NoTW again.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Turns out the offer is only available at WH Smith stores. DOH! Not that Smiths is a million miles from where I live, but I'm not going to make a second journey for this). Fool me once...I think it's going to be another 10 years before I consider buying NoTW again.
            Unless it's included with the paper, it's not worth getting, since they will inevitably have sold out by the time you get to the shop. Which is, of course, exactly what they rely on.

There was an interesting article in the BBC News magazine in 2006 about it, IIRC.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Unless it's included with the paper, it's not worth getting, since they will inevitably have sold out by the time you get to the shop. Which is, of course, exactly what they rely on.

There was an interesting article in the BBC News magazine in 2006 about it, IIRC.
              The Telegraph yesterday had a dvd with 2 films on it. They managed to insert the dvd, without restricting it to Wh Smiths shops. They hadn't sold out at 1pm either (which is when I bought my copy). I'm busy building up a stock of dvds and special deals 8 beers for 3.89 etc. For the coming long stretch on the bench.. Cunning plan hey?

Comment

I used to buy it when I was 12 and wanted to look at Sam Fox's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Close - it was October 2005.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I understand this is a television series, you`re a contractor why don`t you download it (for free)?

http://tv.katz.cd/search/life+on+mars

Comment

Working...
                    X