• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment to reach 3.4 Million

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment to reach 3.4 Million

No return to boom and bust....... just bust it seems !!

Thanks Gordon !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7836489.stm

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    No return to boom and bust....... just bust it seems !!

Thanks Gordon !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7836489.stm
    typical BBC misleading crap.

..its just based on trend and does not appreciate any change in climate.

Comment

Its just an estimate true, but Gordon appears to have done his best to take the UK down ...

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        typical BBC misleading crap.

..its just based on trend and does not appreciate any change in climate.

Yes, but when will the change in climate appear ? I do not see any green shoots at the moment, and not really until there is a change of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Yes, but when will the change in climate appear ? I do not see any green shoots at the moment, and not really until there is a change of government.
          Lol - you mean you can't see those green shoots of recovery?

In all honesty - god knows - I think the coming 3-6 months should empty out the job loss news and allow for companies to get rid of dead wood and streamline - thereafter I think the scene may be set for some adjustment and potential recovery? As soon as the bloody government prints money and buys the bad debt - that will assist in slowly turning things around - the issue is if they buy debt at unpresedented levels and spend this money willy nilly.

In the mean time - there is always the Euro Millions.

Comment

At least the bins are still being emptied under the current government.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

At least the bins are still being emptied under the current government.....
              ...every 2 weeks.....

And now a local council has introduced "slop bins".

Nice.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                ...every 2 weeks.....

And now a local council has introduced "slop bins".

Nice.
                Compared to those iconic photos of London awash with bin-bags it's nothing.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X