• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't know about you, but....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about you, but....

The only thing that really scares me at the moment is Brown & Co.

I'm not worried about terrorists, bird flu, meteorites or Global Warming, but how New Labour are destroying the economy and taking Britain into total financial collapse does actually give me grey hairs.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'm not worried about terrorists, bird flu, meteorites or Global Warming, but how New Labour are destroying the economy and taking Britain into total financial collapse does actually give me grey hairs.
    Why should you worry? I told you all on this board, and the previous ones that this was all going to end very badly. So it's not like you weren't warned, and that was many years ago now.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Brown gives me the hebby duh gibbies (not sure if there is a correct spelling for this?), espcially with that wired mouth thing he does.

The government should be scared of the public, but at the moment they seem hell-bent on doing what ever they want without, without any concern for expert advice, or what the public think.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
        Brown gives me the hebby duh gibbies (not sure if there is a correct spelling for this?), espcially with that wired mouth thing he does.

The government should be scared of the public, but at the moment they seem hell-bent on doing what ever they want without, without any concern for expert advice, or what the public think.
        Why should they be scared of something that no longer has teeth and claws?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Why should they be scared of something that no longer has teeth and claws?
          The reason why I am scare is because I will now owe the Govt. in excess of £30k. If I ever decide to have children, they will also owe the Govt. £30k. It isn't right that the Govt. is bailing out the Banks for bad decissions that they made. I believe that the BoE should take ownership of these banks and delist them from the Stock Market or shut them down completely and ban the Directors from owning or running a business in the UK for the rest of their lives.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Britain deserves what it votes for. After all, Brown is the best chancellor in history according to the majority, and the Tories would be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              The reason why I am scare is because I will now owe the Govt. in excess of £30k. If I ever decide to have children, they will also owe the Govt. £30k. It isn't right that the Govt. is bailing out the Banks for bad decissions that they made. I believe that the BoE should take ownership of these banks and delist them from the Stock Market or shut them down completely and ban the Directors from owning or running a business in the UK for the rest of their lives.
              WHS

The problem stems from the fact that once you make laws about money, you need to work hard to ensure the money doesn't buy all the lawyers.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                So it's not like you weren't warned, and that was many years ago now.
                Are you AtW in disguise?
                It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify a classic bubble, does it?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is nobody else concerned about the longterm health of the wealth creating population of this country?

Higher taxes for years to come mean hardworking, taxpaying folk will have less and less children as the cost to raise them and pay down mortgages/rent, bills etc becomes prohibitively TAXING!

This in turn will mean less and less wealth generating young people entering the private sector, in turn less tax revenues and slower economic growth.

In the meantime, the welfare dependant spawn at an unchecked rate, further skewing the pie with even more tax revenue required to suppoort the welfare claimants 4+ children.

I DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    £58K reported at the last count, not sure what this will rise to with the latest QE (money-printing) announcements.

I don't think everyone has fully grasped how deeply in debt Gordon and the Labour party have put us.

Comment

Working...
                    X