• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inaccurate reporting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate reporting

My press officer has recently pointed me in the direction of the following report on the banking bailouts (required only due to US subprime)

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/b...-200901191519/

Let me be clear here. There will be only 2 bailouts. Definately less than 3.

I can't rule out a bailout 2.5 mind.

Don't worry. It's only money.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

I think they keep reannouncing the same bailout !!

Comment

Aye Gordon !

Its only money as ye said yerself - but have ye noticed that when ye ask fir a wee rice - they're giviing nane away ???

Are ye gonna buy us a' fitballl team Gordon ?

Comment

Tom Booker, chief economist at Donnelly-McPartlin, said: "I think it's important the government commits itself to at least 10 more bail-outs, although I do have one question - where the f**k is all the money coming from?"

Its a damned good question.....

Comment

And no doubt we'll see all the flunkies (led by that godawful Yvette Cooper) on Newsnight tonight parroting the usual "It is right" that blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Tom Booker, chief economist at Donnelly-McPartlin, said: "I think it's important the government commits itself to at least 10 more bail-outs, although I do have one question - where the f**k is all the money coming from?"

Its a damned good question.....
            Mr Booker may well be a Chief Economist , however clearly he lacks real-world experience in playing at Monopoly - as gamers will know there is a clear rule which states that :

The Bank can never run out of Money.

Should during the course of a game the Bank discovers it has no more banknotes to issue - then the Banker will simply issue Bank Notes by printing credit notes with denominations accordingly.

See - simple when you think about it.

Comment

I used to joke that Gordon thinks he has a money tree. But actually, he does.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                And no doubt we'll see all the flunkies (led by that godawful Yvette Cooper) on Newsnight tonight parroting the usual "It is right" that blah blah blah
                Yup... here we go again...

Comment

Working...
                X