• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you make the most of the boom poll?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you make the most of the boom poll?

See poll. It's here if you look hard enough.
    Bought a house I can't afford to live in which is now worthless
    18.18%
    Bought a new car on 0% APR which is now worthless
    9.09%
    Bought BTL's but sadly forgot to sell them now they are worthless
    4.55%
    Amassed a great deal of cash (£££) which is now worthless
    27.27%
    Bought a 50" plasma on low interest deal. Sadly I now can't afford the electricity to run it.
    4.55%
    Invested heavily in AndyW's mum.
    36.36%

No

Comment

Earnt lots, travelled lots and spent lots.

Comment

My investment in Wine Women and Song has proven to be the best of all.

If I could have back all the money that Id spent on Wine Women and Song Id spent it on Wine Women and Song.

Comment

Nice andyw option

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            My investment in Wine Women and Song has proven to be the best of all.

If I could have back all the money that Id spent on Wine Women and Song Id spent it on Wine Women and Song.
            ah, the old wine women and song investment. I reckon George Best had it right. He spent most of dosh on ale, women and fast cars. The rest, he wasted.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bought a cheap house with a sensible mortgage at <3x my £25K salary in 2005. Spent about 3 years and several £1000 doing it up and it's probably worth about the same now as when we bought it... but that's small fry compared to buying a £200K house in 2007 which is what we had planned on doing... I think we escaped lightly.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

what did the boom poll enable us to do?

Comment

I've got a big mortgage on a big house, but I bought it to live in so... it would be nice to make a mint off it, but I'm not relying on it. Didn't get involved in any of the other boom options listed, not even the wossname option.

Comment

Made two lots of actual profit buying and selling flats (2000 & 2007).

The first on I spent on paying off my student loans and 18 months traveling.

The second one I spent on getting married and traveling round the world.

Money well spent I say...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X