• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning Warning!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning Warning!

The 'bubble headed boobie' has popped his cogs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7837096.stm

I was a big fan of the show and particularity enjoyed the episode which had an intergalactic policeman called 'Officer Bollux'
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

I am 45 but have no recollection of this show atall. Was it on BBC or ITV? (I guess there were only 2 channels when this was aired?)

Comment

It was repeated on ITV in the 80s (I think)

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think it was ITV, but has been repeated a lot in recent times. Also Mr P is a collector of this kind of show, so we have it all on DVD.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

It used to be on Channel 4 at around Sunday lunchtime. I always remember watching it whilst waiting for my Dad to carve the roast.
          If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

I used to race home from school on a Friday to watch it. Zachariah Smith, the numpty who kept trying to sabotage the space craft and its crew, forgetting that without it he'd never get back home.

Comment

That was absolutely one of my favourite programmes when I was a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                That was absolutely one of my favourite programmes when I was a teenager.
                Me too!

EDIT: you can see Robbie's first appearance in Forbidden Planet. Classic 50s Sci-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Me too!

EDIT: you can see Robbie's first appearance in Forbidden Planet. Classic 50s Sci-Fi.
                  Great film - based on The Tempest!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Great film - based on The Tempest!
                    The stage show was cracking as well, and possible the only musical ever to feature both Magnus Pike and Patrick Moore.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X