• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reposession story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reposession story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...property-money

Paul McHugh began the new year with the prospect of his home going under the hammer after he had experiencing the trauma of repossession. The 40-year-old self-employed window cleaner is set to lose his former council house in Castleford, West Yorkshire, on Wednesday, when bailiffs repossess it.

Paul McHugh was given a £20,000 incentive from the council to buy his property, but he ran into financial difficulty because he had a financial asset for the first time in his life and was chased by creditors for previous unpaid bills. "I signed a self-certifying note to take out the mortgage, but I don't think I was the sort of person who really should have had a mortgage," he adds.

No shlt sherlock.

This is the sort of crap the bankers have been creaming money on and now we, the tax payer, have to foot the bill.

Only "fair".

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...property-money

Paul McHugh began the new year with the prospect of his home going under the hammer after he had experiencing the trauma of repossession. The 40-year-old self-employed window cleaner is set to lose his former council house in Castleford, West Yorkshire, on Wednesday, when bailiffs repossess it.

Paul McHugh was given a £20,000 incentive from the council to buy his property, but he ran into financial difficulty because he had a financial asset for the first time in his life and was chased by creditors for previous unpaid bills. "I signed a self-certifying note to take out the mortgage, but I don't think I was the sort of person who really should have had a mortgage," he adds.

No shlt sherlock.

This is the sort of crap the bankers have been creaming money on and now we, the tax payer, have to foot the bill.

Only "fair".
    Shoorlay shum mishtake ?

Comment

Nice bit of selective quoting. To be fair to him, he also said this:

"I feel sad that the house is going, but I hope I will be able to come to terms with it. I have had bigger disappointments in my life,"
      and this:

I will be sorry when it has gone, but it is not the end of my world. It is only bricks and mortar in the end, and nobody has died.
      Don't forget, he went out and cleaned windows for a living, unlike some of the feckless tosspots out there...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If one of us paid ourselves huge amounts of money which our Ltd Co's didn't really own - like if the Ltd borrowed the money and then paid it to the director - and then the Ltd went under, unable to pay its debts... wouldn't we have to pay the money back by selling our houses and belongings? What I mean is, are all these bankers that have been getting huge bonuses for years, funded by fake money, going to be made to give any of it back... or is it just written off and they can keep it? What is the difference? Why are some of these schemes classed as fraud, and some as just normal banking practise?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          If one of us paid ourselves huge amounts of money which our Ltd Co's didn't really own - like if the Ltd borrowed the money and then paid it to the director - and then the Ltd went under, unable to pay its debts... wouldn't we have to pay the money back by selling our houses and belongings? What I mean is, are all these bankers that have been getting huge bonuses for years, funded by fake money, going to be made to give any of it back... or is it just written off and they can keep it? What is the difference? Why are some of these schemes classed as fraud, and some as just normal banking practise?
          That's a fundamental question which deserves a thread of it's own.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Don't knock it. Good money to be made in window cleaning. Especially if you have a niche market.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Don't knock it. Good money to be made in window cleaning. Especially if you have a niche market.
              You can always sell the film rights if the work dries up!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If the banks refused to lend him money all the Lefties would be whinging that it wasn`t "fair", that he was being "discriminated" against for being thick and that he was being "excluded" from the financial system. Recognise any of these key words? They are the tools of Marxist oppression.

Comment

Isn't the stunning piece of news here that they gave a mortgage to someone who actually had a job? I didn't think they did that any more...
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If you read between the lines this guy was already up to his eyes in poo from previous credit problems, and they have forced the sale having found he now had an asset to seize...

Comment

Working...
                    X