• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Document retention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Document retention

I need to clear out the office shelves to create some space and I was wondering how long I am supposed to keep all the info. There are contracts, HMRC stuff, credit card bills etc etc. A mix of personal and MyCo items.

I am guessing it will vary from document type to document type. How long does anyone keep the personal financial documents?

TIA

For anything related to ltd co. accounts you need to keep them for 7 years. It's a good idea to keep any related document for the same period to support what the accounts say.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
    X