• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to take over the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to take over the City

Step 1.

Announce you are going to bailout bank XXX as it is holding tonnes of toxic assets.

Step 2.

Await the inevitable collapse of the share price as investors panic sell and short the stock.

Step 3.

Pickup bank XXX at taxpayers expense at 95% off list price.

Step 4.

Rinse and repeat.

If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

I see, Gordon Brown lost RBS all that money
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

GB,

Why would you want to take over something that you have absolutely no idea what to do with, when you have it?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
        GB,

Why would you want to take over something that you have absolutely no idea what to do with, when you have it?

tim
        That'd be because he's a politician.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Today has been one of the most cynical planned thefts in history. This will have a massive knock-on effect with pension funds as Gordon manouvres himself to pick up all the banks for next to nothing.

I watched Sky News and they said that the demise of RBS was purely due to results. Not one mention of the fact that 'shorting' was reintroduced today, which I find astounding, as if shorting did not have an affect!! I predicted on various other bulletin boards last night that the bank shares would bomb, but it appears that many ignored this, gave me much abuse and have lost lots of money today.

New Lie are tyrants towards private businesses and pension funds IMO.
          Last edited by Cyberman; 19 January 2009, 22:01.

Comment

Yawwnn!

Northern Rock went bust because it over-leveraged itself lending short term money to long-term borrowers at ridiculous loan to equity ratios.

RBS could go bust because it had a CEO with too big an ego (hence the ridiculous offer for ABN Amro).

Drop it. You gambled. You lost! You're not the first and won't be the last.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              GB,

tim
              Because he thinks that it (and in fact nearly everything) should belong to the State.

Comment

How is it that Gordon Brown is only just finding out what's been going on?

It's no good pretending to be angry today. Why wasn't he monitoring the banks? Oh I forgot - he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  How is it that Gordon Brown is only just finding out what's been going on?

It's no good pretending to be angry today. Why wasn't he monitoring the banks? Oh I forgot - he was.
                  "No no - it was the Tories' fault.

I mean it was the yanks' fault.

No hang on, I mean it was those incompetent bankers' fault. Yes, that'll do - they'll never twig it was me"
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Clause 4 by the back door.

Comment

Working...
                    X