• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Today Program...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Today Program...

Did anyone else hear the Jack Straw interview this morning?
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

No - Why?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
      Did anyone else hear the Jack Straw interview this morning?
      No, but let me guess - he sounded out of his depth?

Comment

In all the interviews I have heard recently it's obvious that none of the front bench agree with anything Bliar is doing, but they'll sell their soul for continued power.

Comment

Here's what he said and will repeat in his conference speech later on today: UK has duty to protect says Straw

Edited highlights:

Mr Straw is expected to argue that British troops are in Iraq to help the elected Iraqi government and will only remain there with its consent.
          "The threat of international terror was there before Iraq." He added: "Even if there had not been the military action in Iraq, we would still be facing the same threat."
          Mr Straw also accused some critics of the government's action in Iraq and its anti-terror proposals - including holding suspects without charge for up to 90 days and introducing an offence of "glorifying" terrorism - of "moral relativism".
          However, military action against Iran over nuclear expansion plans was at present "inconceivable", with no plans "on the table".

Comment

Heard Charles Clarke on the radio yesterday who sounded like he didn't want Brown in and wanted Blair to go on till the very end of this term
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              No, but let me guess - he sounded out of his depth?
              Spot on!
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
              X