• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it lack of credit that is stalling the economy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it lack of credit that is stalling the economy?

Brown and Co. keep telling us that this downturn is simply due to lack of cheap credit.

So, if the banks start rolling out 10x income liar loans at 1% APR, are you going to borrow and spend on buying property or will you simply wait for further house price falls?

If we all lend out next door neighbours £200k there would be no problem. Where are Northern Rock when you need them?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      If we all lend out next door neighbours £200k there would be no problem. Where are Northern Rock when you need them?
      I’m not lending my neighbours loads of cash because the man’s in the building trade and liable to lose his job very quickly. If they get desperate they can have some food fro us and I don’t mind giving them a lift to interviews, but the last thing anyone with problems needs is a loan.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

We need some hyperinflation. Do your civic duty and start printing tenners.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          We need some hyperinflation.
          How about blowing up balloons?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As someone else has said, using government logic, if they wanted a policy to get rid of the obesity problem, they would nationalise Sainsbury's and get them to produce lots of cheep doughnuts for fat people to eat.

Crazy.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think the issue is confidence as much as credit.

That and a unsustainable bubble that had to be let down : it never deflates it always bursts......

Comment

Working...
              X