• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sell sterling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell sterling

Sell sterling

The financial system here in the UK is maybe in even worse shape than the US," Jim Rogers said. "Look at Northern Rock, it got into trouble, there was a run on the bank, people were taking their money out and putting it in Barclays and Royal Bank of Scotland instead."

"Then the government stepped in and bailed out Northern Rock, so everybody started taking money out of other banks and putting it back into Northern Rock because it was the only totally secure bank. That weakened the other banks so the government had to come in and bail them out too - it's the same idiocy that prevailed in the US."

"The City of London is pretty much finished, he asserts, and if you're alarmed by the recent slump in sterling, you ain't seen nothing yet."
    lJim Rogers on a Fooked UK

Looks like it might be wise to sell what sterling you have and leave the UK.

HTH
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Sell sterling

lJim Rogers on a Fooked UK

Looks like it might be wise to sell what sterling you have and leave the UK.

HTH
    Bye then. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That article is 2 months old. Since then Rodgers was right - Sterling has gone down. Question is: Does it have further to fall?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        That article is 2 months old. Since then Rodgers was right - Sterling has gone down. Question is: Does it have further to fall?
        Maybe it will if he writes another article predicting it will.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Sell sterling
          HTH
          I would, but what the fook do I buy instead?

(Serious question).

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post

(Serious question).

tim
            Invest in a superb Management Consultancy I happen to know about, which is run by a really clever and handsome chap.

<whistles innocently>
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

(Serious question).

tim

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...FxA&refer=home
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

(Serious question).

tim
                You just need to buy into a stronger currency where the country is better managed with a brighter future. One with a more talented and insightful government.

For example.

Comment

Jim Rogers wouldn't be speaking from a position where it pays him for Sterling to drop, would he?

Comment

Working...
                  X