• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

permie panic !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

permie panic !

I just prepared a permie job application, my first one in over a decade, I had my finger on the Apply button but just couldn't do it.

I may weaken. Please help

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I just prepared a permie job application, my first one in over a decade, I had my finger on the Apply button but just couldn't do it.

Apply and see if you get it. You can always turn it down. You might find the application/interview experience interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Apply and see if you get it. You can always turn it down. You might find the application/interview experience interesting
      You barsteward. You really are the kind of person who'd see someone standing on a bridge ready to jump and then push him. You're supposed to help rescue your chum from permiedom, not send him to an early death.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Look into your soul young Padewan. Come to the Dark Side!
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

step away from the computer, do not apply...

but then again....
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

How did you feel when you heard you'd got an interview for this position?

Where do you see yourself in five years time?
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              No comment.

Not here.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Imagine the interview where they will enjoy turning the screw about your money grabbing greedy background while being precious over lovely cosy warm permiedom and the ability to compete in their world of meaningless one legged corporate arse kicking competitions. If that thought doesn't make you sick, apply!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

i've had those questions in contract interviews recently!!!!
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Come along now son, you know you don't want to do it. Think of your contractor family and friends and how they would miss you.
                    Come away from the computer ... no ... don't do it .....
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X