• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake jobs on Jobserve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake jobs on Jobserve

Plenty of fakes jobs on Jobserve over the last couple of weeks.

Who the biggest cuprit ? name and shame please ?

Originally posted by Number9 View Post

all of them - had a call from a well known outfit yesterday - supposed contract and then the classic "we need 2 technical references". Said "Nope, Id rather give them once an offer is made". Anyway - than the next one "are you interviewing anywhere else?" - Which I explained yes and just gave her names which are swear words in another language - gullable cow.

Comment

Interestingly enough over where I am it is a legal requirement to notify the local Jobcenter if there is a job going, before you advertise. As it so happens thst anyone can access the data, I can pretty much see which are the fake jobs on Jobserve.

Which is nice.

So to answer your question as to who are the biggest culprits. Well, it's the usual suspects. We can't name them, as they'll get all legal against this board's owners.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There'S 3 main culprits from what I can see...

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          just gave her names which are swear words in another language - gullable cow.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post

Spill the beans please - how can you tell they are fake?
            Would save us a lot of time by not applying for them!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Spill the beans please - how can you tell they are fake?
              Would save us a lot of time by not applying for them!
              As has been mentioned on this board before, there are some contractors who spend all day, not, shock horror, posting here, but writing fake CVs that they send into a certain select group of agencies and then sit back to watch as their handiwork appears as bogus jobs on Jobserve. Those are pretty easy to spot, even for non-bluffers.

Comment

So I could be working in a non-job right now? Barstards.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  There'S 3 main culprits from what I can see...

Comment

I spotted a couple job ads which have a very similar wording as what I saw 1.5 years ago when I was looking for a contract. Even the agent name is the same

I can see a plan B idea - an archive of Jobserve ads to make it easier to spot fakes.
                    Last edited by bored; 20 January 2009, 13:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X