• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

won't disclose client name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

won't disclose client name

how many times do you apply for a contract to get some pimp telling you "they can't possibly disclose the client name for confidentiality reasons, until you get selected for interview"

What kind of bulltulipe is this?

I'd like to know who they hell you're putting me forward to?

I normally have to reply with a "Can you let me know who the client is, as I'm applying across the market and do not wish to replicate an application"
    Last edited by norrahe; 20 January 2009, 12:02.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    how many times do you apply for a contract to get some pimp telling you "they can't possibly disclose the client name for confidentiality reasons, until you get selected for interview"

I normally have to reply with a "Can you let me know who the client is, as I'm applying across the market and do wish to replicate an application"
    Bulltulip is exactly what it is, they have no role and are fishing for leads. Usually acompanied by a request for any complanies you may have appliocations in with already and references from your last two employers.

Just tell them unless they tell you who the client is you dont want to deal with them.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

I normally have to reply with a "Can you let me know who the client is, as I'm applying across the market and do wish to replicate an application"
      metadata
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Just tell them unless they tell you who the client is you dont want to deal with them.
        I concur. This is my normal approach which either brings out a name or makes it perfectly clear I know the pimp is arsing around...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Bulltulip is exactly what it is, they have no role and are fishing for leads. Usually acompanied by a request for any complanies you may have appliocations in with already and references from your last two employers.

they never get who i've already applied to, i normally tell them that is "confidential and i can't possibly divulge that information"
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If they won't tell you, the job doesn't exist.

If they do find you an interview, it'll be a coincidence with a new job for your skill set that just came in.

HTH
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I think some are real ( very, very few ) and the agent is trying to keep the name from idiots who will blurt out the name of the client to the next agent that calls him but I would probably end the conversation there and then if they started that crap.

The process I follow is

1. Rate and location discussion.
              2. Name of client.
              3. Send CV
              4. Interview
              5. Offer.
              6. References to client

Any deviation from that and its goodbye.

Comment

But what is to stop the agent sending the CV anyway. It's out of your control.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to do that under the legislation that governs them. Even if they did, if you dont turn up it makes them look bad. Especially if you get a message to the interviewing manager telling them why you wont be there.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Yes, and if the client gets your CV from a few different sources you can be the best in the world but they'll dump yours because they just don't want the grief.

Comment

Working...
                    X